Monday, October 24, 2011

Elegant and Serene

This is a new photography project that I'm working on. I love to overlap my sensibilities and mediums, sometimes I use the same title for an assemblage jar and a painting, though they may be two very separate works. There is a connection of sensibilities in my mind, a thread of ideas that branches from painting to photography to assemblage work.

I work with very old porcelain dolls from Germany in my assemblage work, and they are so pretty I just had to photograph them. These images are the beginning of a new series I think I'm going to fall in love with....When I am finished photographing them, they will move to a new life as an assemblage project.

One of the things I love about these figurines is the Greek statue quality, so elegant and serene.





1 comment: